Monday 8 August 2016

Goblet of heart

Rumi said: Whoever is loved is beautiful, but this doesn’t mean that whoever is beautiful is loved. “There are girls more beautiful than Laila,” they used to tell Majnun. “Let us bring some to you.” “I do not love Laila for her form,” Majnun would reply.

“Laila is like a cup in my hand. I drink wine from that cup. I am in love with that wine. You only have eyes for the goblet and do not know the wine. A golden goblet studded with precious stones, but containing only vinegar, what use is that to me? An old broken gourd with wine is better in my eyes than a hundred goblets of gold.”

1 comment:

  1. Enter your comment... exactly ๐Ÿ’ฏ to be a part of this team is going well done and the other way around to it drink or something important for us all the rest to get better at this than I expected so I can get it i really good at tget

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...